Tuesday, August 6, 2013

An Apple a Day....

I'm back in action!

School started on Thursday. Am I happy? No. Am I devastated? Not really, no. I feel medium about it. I enjoyed my summer break, but med school isn’t going to learn itself. Apparently I have to do that. And the sooner I start, the sooner I finish.

Our first system is the infamous renal system. Lots of ions and gradients and tubules and stuff. It can get pretty confusing. Below is a picture of me on first day of school. First day of school pictures get less fun every year. I  miss the days of 101 Dalmatian lunch boxes and oversized Old Navy shirts. The good ole' days. Good news, though! Nineteen first days of school down, two to go!



  • So...after school on Thursday and Friday, I decided I need a break (still trying to work my school stamina back up), so I went to New York City this weekend with Lauren. I love New York. And being there with Lauren was lots of fun. Here are the highlights, followed by some pictures.

  • Walking around Central Park in the rain on Saturday morning.

  • Enjoying some waffles and dinges from a great little Belgian food truck outside the park.

  • Walking down Broadway to the Empire State Building, taking pictures of the city.

  • Eating at John’s Pizzeria in building that was originally a church. The ricotta-peperoni was the best pizza I’ve in my life, no offense, Chicago pizza places that come in a close second.

  • Wandering around the Metropolitan Museum of Art for a few hours.

  • Eating soup at the “Soup Nazi’s” restaurant (for those Seinfield fanz out there)

  • Attending church in a beautiful, old four-story brick building in Harlem. 














































At the time of writing, I’m riding back to Virginia on a bus that has outlets and wifi. Technology these days. I wanted more than anything to stay in New York longer, but I have an 8 am class tomorrow. Back to the grind. Ready or not, M2 starts for real this week.







No comments:

Post a Comment