Sunday, April 14, 2013

This and That

As per usual, my thoughts are all over the place. Here's some of what's floating around my brain right now:

  • I finished my first neuro exam yesterday! I'm really liking it so far. Guess I may become a brain surgeon after all. Wonder if these come in a larger size. If so, I'm totally buying one and wearing it to class...



  • While I was studying for my exam this past week, I listened to a lot of music, including Native, OneRepublic's new album that came out two weeks ago. My favorite song on the album is "Preacher." It's about Ryan Tedder's (the band's lead singer) grandpa who was a preacher (the song title is making a lot of sense right now, huh?). Favorite line from the song: "He was a million miles from a million dollars, but you could never spend his wealth." 
  •  Good stuff. Life is about so much more than having a prestigious career or buying a big house or going on lots of vacations. It's about treating others with love and respect. It's about realizing our goals. It's about leaving our families and friends and communities and countries better than we found them. It's about finding happiness and helping those around us to find it, too. That's real wealth. Here's the song:



  • Apparently, there are a lot of vampires reading my blog. I know, I know. Exciting, right? Sounds crazy, but it's true. I guess I better start off with a little background. When you have a blog, there is a page that show's you all of your "blog stats" (How many people look at your blog, what type of browser they use, where they access your blog from, etc.). And according to my blog stats page, 21 people accessed my blog via vampirestat.com. Yeah, this is for real. Check it:


  • So....shoutout to all my blog-lovin' vampire buddies over at vampirestat.com! I don't know you personally, but here's what I imagine you look like while reading my blog:

Photo credit: Googleimage search, Transylvania

  • In my clinical group this past week I gave a presentation on medical apps (Apps as in applications. Apps as in apps for a phone or computer). Technology is really amazing. I was particularly excited about this portable ultrasound probe/iPhone app combo. It works well and is about 1/10 the cost of a conventional ultrasound machine. It has some serious potential for use in ER's, rural medicine, and medicine in developing countries. I love that the field of medicine is constantly progressing. Gold star to whomever created this!



  • Last thing. Life is great! Spring is here. Charlottesville is beautiful. School is interesting. Lauren and I are dating (about time, am I right?). Aaaaaand I bought my plane ticket to Rwanda this week. Like I said, life is great! So great, in fact, that I wrote this entire blog post while doing this:

 photo tumblr_meh3lbcZ6c1r8ghkno1_500_zpse7bd73c7.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment