Sunday, April 28, 2013

CEEEEEELLLLEEEEBBRRRAAAATIIIOOON.

I didn't post last week. I was bizeee doing stuff, if you to get specific about it. A lot has happened in the last two weeks. I'll do my best to catch you up with as few words as possible (You're just here for the pictures anyways, right? I know it, you know it, we all know it.)


I suddenly came to the realization this week that I live my life in cycles. As in, I live my life based on days until an exam. How am I doing? You might as well just ask me how many days till my next exam. More days till my exam typically correlates to, "I'm great! I love my life and I love med school and I love my friends and I'm getting 8 hours of sleep a night and I love my life." Less days till my exam typically correlates to, "I don't know about this whole doctor thing and I'm exhausted and I'm sick of studying and I may or may not be seriously considering an alternate profession and also I'm sick of studying if I didn't emphasize that enough the first time."


That being said, I finished my first neuro exam two weeks ago (as mentioned in my previous post), so the last two weeks, this has been me:


 photo tumblr_lwpt9ncwxg1r3uiwdo1_500_zpsc4b37213.gif


Having a lot of fun, mixed with a tidge of distracted studying, as depicted below:


 photo audioquestion_zps1ab80956.gif


Ok, so it hasn't been exactly like that. I still study every day. Thing is, though, I study LESS every day, so it feels like that. Here's a rundown of what's happened since my last exam:

  •  I celebrated finishing my exam! After taking my test, I drove straight to the grocery store to grab some celebratory snacks. While I was self-checking out, I ran into a friend/classmate. He had just finished his exam, too. I asked him what he was up to, and he replied that he was just getting ready to celebrate. I know it's rude to look at other peoples' stuff, but I couldn't help myself. I glanced in his cart and saw this:



Ok, yeah, nothing unusual there. Post-exam alcohol is pretty standard in medical school. He asked me what I was up to, and I told him the same thing, that I was getting ready to celebrate. I saw his eyes flick down to my cart. And this is what I had in my cart:



Yeah. If he didn't know then, he definitely knows now. Mormons celebrate a little differently than most people. For the record, the popsicle were delicious. I ate six before I even put the box in the freezer. Oh, and I played this song really loud in my room while I ate them. It's the little things.



 
  • What else have I been doing? Hmmmm. Well, for starters, I've studied a lot of brains. Like the one below. I actually know what all that stuff is!:

 photo Rotating_brain_colored_zpsa2f0d128.gif


  • I also went up to DC to hang out with my friend, Ben. We had a blast cruisin' around Georgetown and DC on bicycles. He was most excited to stand in the middle of all the bikes, and I was most excited to pop a wheelie in front of the Capitol Building:


  


  


On the way home, I stopped in Manassas, Virginia to get a pork burrito at Cafe Rio (one of favorite restaurants form undergrad) and enjoyed the beautiful drive home:







  • This past weekend, I also hiked Old Rag, the most famous mountain in Shenandoah National Park, with some classmates. It was a good time. Especially the not-walking-up-a-steep-incline parts:





Ok, this is getting long. I better wrap this up. Last thing. On Thursday, we had a class session entitled, "Substance Abuse," which was all about, you guessed it!, marijuana and alcohol and PCP and cocaine and all that kind of stuff. Being a lifelong Mormon, all of this was news to me. When I started reading the handout for the class, I'm pretty sure I did this after reading about every single drug:


 photo tumblr_inline_mfe7hxtqZ81ro2d43_zps75e6634d.gif

Seeing as I had zero life experience to draw on (Thanks, mom!), the class was educational to say the least. So...now I know about drugs! I'm sure that'll come in handy at some point. Well, that about does it. Sorry it was so long. I had a lot of stuffs to talk about! Next post will be shorter, promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment