Sunday, March 10, 2013

First Official Med School Snow Day

Play this song before you start reading. Trust me. One of the most underrated intros in rock history. Plus, the name of the song is the same as today's blog topic. Ladies and gentlemen, "Snow" by the RHCP:




We had a snowstorm this week. Having lived in Russia for two years on my mission and in Utah for four years while I went to BYU, I've seen my fair share of snow. That being said, I still get super excited every time there is snow in the forecast. Having been raised in a part of the country (Tennessee) where snow = no school, I can't help it (see, Pavlov's dogs). Leading up to Tuesday night, I'd heard there was some serious snow in the forecast. 6-10" was the word on the weather.com street.

But even though snow seemed very likely at that point, I was skeptical. Weather people are wrong a lot of the time, and, between you and me, I don't think they even care. Case in point: The other day it said that the high/low for the day was 47/32 and that the current temperature was 28. Anyone else see a problem with that? I certainly did. The math did not add up. Aaaaaaaanyways, long story short. I do not trust weather people. Never have, never will. Which explains my surprise when I looked out side and saw that it had begun to snow.




And then this happened....




And then this....




And then a little bit of this....


 photo tumblr_m92lu1fvYU1rt04f0o1_500_zpsaa18ccf1.gif


And then some of this business....


 photo tumblr_m92lu1fvYU1rt04f0o1_500_zpsaa18ccf1.gif


Next thing you know, we have more than a foot of snow and my FIRST OFFICIAL UVA MED SNOW DAY!!! Happy winter, everyone.










No comments:

Post a Comment