Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Final Countdown

  • Well. Year One is coming to a close. 42 weeks down. 1 to go. It's the final countdown! Sing it with me! (Click on the video below for a little help)





  • Hopefully, I cross the finish line with as much panache as this little guy:




  • For the record, I have no idea what's going on in the clip above, but I just love it. Never seen a cat wearing a race number before. Or a cat in a wheel chair. Or a cat winning a race. Let alone all of those together. A+ for originality.

  • The past two weeks, we covered ear and eye stuff (in addition to other topics). In my clinical group, we finally got to dust off our oto-opthalmoscopes and look into each others ears and eyes. Here is a picture of me getting my ears checked out by Andy and Lauren. Good news! They got to practice being doctors. And they didn't even burst my ear drums in the process! Win win. 



  • Friday, I went up to Washington, DC to visit Lauren and go to one of our temples. Here's a little background reading on Mormon temples, if you're interested: LDS Temple Info. The DC temple is one of the most incredible buildings I've ever visited. You can actually see it from the beltway. Taking pictures at night isn't my forte, but I gave it a try anyways:




  • What else? Oh yeah. My class is in full on party mode. I think most of us were ready for summer break weeks ago. In celebration of our last team-based class this past week, we threw ourselves an indoor breakfast beach party. During class (when the professors weren't lecturing). Don't think that's possible? Think again:










Well, that's it for this week! See you next week, same time, same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment